
OK, you heard about the rain on the Rose Bowl Parade. Well, here's Em and Matt in front of some unidentified Japanese trees in Little Tokyo in L.A. before the first downpour. We had a great time. We are thinking of going again next year. There was no traffic on the freeways coming or going.
Little Tokyo is crammed with stores selling Japanese books, clothing, housewares, food, you name it. Among our favorite purchases: little Japanese lanterns strung on Christmas lights; teeny mushroom-shaped Pocky candy; a Hello Kitty draincover; an all-metal (read unbreakable) jigger; a My Neighbor Totoro stuffed charm for the Prius; manga; Japanese grammar books; and a Japanese children's book that Em hopes to translate.
We had lunch at an excellent restaurant. The best gyoza we'd ever had plus incredible sushi. Here's Em and Matt outside the restaurant:
1 comment:
Ok, I guess it is clear that the photos were placed opposite where planned. I am too lazy and busy at the same time to fix. I will rely on the perspicacity of my readers!
Post a Comment