Tuesday, December 13, 2005

And we're off!

I'm starting this up as quick as I can. I finally realized there was no way I could write a Christmas letter and get it photocopied and distributed in a timely matter.

My new place of work takes a very dim view of using work resources for personal use. I think that's correct, just not what I am used to :D In the meanwhile, I will try to send some joy via this method that I so enjoy. 2005 was definitely the year of the blog for me. Some of you may be familiar with Biblioblather. I love it. I use it mainly to keep track of my reading, but I prose on about other things library and non-book related. I also love LISNews.com and Blog of A Bookslut and Caveat Lector and It's All Good and William Gibson's blog. If this is meaningless to you, just ignore.

I haven't printed my mailing labels yet either, so it may be quite some time before you read this. I am going to try to record some of my reflections on my big move to California in September. Today, I sat in a parking lot just before sunset and watched the wind in some palm trees while John Lennon sang "Happy Christmas; war is over if you want it" on the car radio. I thought about how much I want the war in Iraq to be over, to have never started. Twenty-five years since Lennon was shot. Whatever else you say about him, we still need to hear his message.

So this blog: I will talk about my daughter, my boyfriend, and my dog. It wil be a bit more personal than my other blogs, because I have lots of personal thoughts I want to share with all of you. I'll try to throw in holiday fun as I find it. I hope people will join in with comments--you are most welcome!!!

No comments: